Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Limeade, an envelope, and.....treasure

This is one of those stories I will look back on and it will be much funnier than when it actually happened.

After a typical laundry and cleaning Monday, it was time for the kids and I to get out for a while. We headed to Sonic for a little Happy Hour. I got each of the kids a Strawberry Limeade, so we were all happy with our drinks! Each of them so sweetly replied, "thank you." It was one of those moments my heart was just overflowing. Two adorable kids with treats in hand, sitting in the car looking out at a sunny, winter day.

We were headed to pick up Bjorn at track practice and had time to spare, so I took them to play at the school playground. About five minutes into it, Hudson decided that was the time he needed to, well, poop. He didn't bother to tell me, he just went. He comes waddling over with full pants swaying back and forth. It was one of those moments time froze. I checked the wipe supply--empty. No napkins as we are borrowing my parents car and my stash of napkins is in some junkyard with my van. Desperate I grabbed an empty envelope to get the "treasure" out of his pants. Naturally, gravity took over and it was now on the pavement. Awesome. I couldn't leave it there, so I try picking it up with an envelope--clearly an unmastered art. I now had poop on my hands and no way to clean it up. Remember those limeades? Well, that acted as my sanitizer/water and a fresh pair of Hudson's underwear, the towel.

From there I ran into a friend from high school who was there with her little girl, Avea's age. Her husband is one of the track coaches. We visited for a while and after that Hudson was at it again--this time, I had had it. The kid literally unloaded and there was no way I planned to salvage his underwear. Into the trash they went.

Needless to say, I was very ready for Bjorn to be done and to get those kids straight into the bath.

Tales of motherhood....ah.

No comments:

Post a Comment